Edith Piaf - Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

 Edith Piaf - Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Courts and Lawyers


During the visit to the Palace of Justice, I actually felt guilty and scared. I was afraid that the offenses I committed in my lifetime would be judged sometime in my lifetime. The size of the entrance of the Palace of Justice weakens the heart of the bravest men. I suddenly felt like I was in the movie "I Am Sam"; the part where the mentally ill Sean Paul walks into court to claim his daughter. So we went to the conference hall to watch a presentation. The presentation describes the different types of courts in Malaysia. Good questions were asked and I learned that people sentenced to execution would get a wish list before the the sentence was conduct. Later on we went to a real court to witness a civil court in action. The situation there was intense, involving a dead mother' children wanting to sue someone. It is confusing yet interesting; I could have swore I almost shouted out a comment to the judge (3 months jail term). 

Ramesh Chandran is a lawyer. I am still shocked and surprised that he actually took the initiative to visit our school to give a presentation about lawyers. He left a good impression to the whole class, although he had a sore throat and had to breath every five words he spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment