Edith Piaf - Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

 Edith Piaf - Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Individual Reflection

The Group Work
  1. What have I contributed to the group project?
    I am proud to say that I have lived up to my responsibilities and played my part our group project. I have researched, completed the work given, generate ideas when the team seemed most lost, while motivating and encouraging the teammates when everyone’s feeling down and finished. Contribution was the most important thing to me when I first joined this group. I knew that I had to start right and end right. I am also the team leader for other subjects, so I know how important individual participation is. I think it is fair to say that I have tried hard, but not the best. From the weeks of this mock project I have realized that interest is the key element in the efficiency of the work we produce and that was what we lacked the most, particularly me. I could feel the pressure on me as Stephanie urged me to get online to discuss about the project. Was I the only one feeling lazy and not bothered? Of course I have no right to judge my teammates but their constant slacking also pulls me downwards. They’ve tried hard and worked well, but what we lacked of was interest.

  2. What would I do differently next time?  Why?
     Needless to say the group Peak Oil mock project was something we do not take much interest in. This made me realize that if we want to feel determined, if we wanted a driving force to make this sound important  to us, we will have to choose the right key topic. As much as I would hate to admit this, I did not contribute to the choice of key topic. All I did was vote. Maybe I should have thought of myself more individually, for my own good. I should have produce more choice of key topics to make me feel interested. The next time we do our real project, I will think hardly, and choose something worth spending time on.

  3. What have I learnt about working together?
    Team work is so important, it is like a cure or medicine for cancer patients. Over the weeks I’ve realized that laziness is a disease that spreads from mate to mates. When one person is lazy, everyone would feel lazy. When one person’s interested, he or she will be the driving force, encouraging and pushing everyone to work as hard as her. Surely no one enjoys losing. With a competition to compete with, everyone would have to work their ass off. The word ‘TOGETHER’ itself means ToGetHer, or in other words a sense of determination to achieve something with someone.

  4. What has been good/challenging about working as part of a group?
     The best part of working as a team is where you can point fingers at someone else to shake off the blame. Unfortunately for me this kind of attitude is unacceptable and irresponsible. When we make a mistake we take it as a team. The blame and consequences are spread among the members. However the bad part is when a member opposes your idea. Frustrating it is when someone says your idea’s useless or ridiculous. As I sat quietly doing my work, I overheard the other team quarreling, one of them even called the other’s plan as ‘pointless’. A tinge of sadness and frustration appeared on her face. Filled with toughness, she shook it off, and the other members just continued without even noticing or hinting her feelings. That my friend, is the worst part of a team.
What have I learnt doing the project?
  1. What have I learnt about;
    1. deciding on and planning a project?
      The choice of topic affects the determination and interest in us.
    2. planning and producing research?
      Laziness is a disease. Keep your mind focused, eyes on the prize.
    3. reading and presenting my ideas?
      Do not be ashamed of what you have. If you had done your homework and played your part, there should be nothing to be afraid of.
    4. time management?
      Well this is something I don’t have. Who am I to say? However a simple tip is that YOU MUST BE PUNCTUAL as this can either earn your trust with other members, or break them apart.

  2. What would you do differently to develop these skills?
     I would have spend more time on my work and less time in procrastination. I’ll have to work particularly on my time management.

  3. How did I approach my individual contribution?
     Like I said I played my part and my roles. I’ve contributed enough for the team. Not to say I’m flawless, but I am not afraid to say that I have contributed enough, but not the best.

  4. What are the most valuable points I have learnt?  Why?
    During the weeks, I’ve learnt more about my teammates to be honest. I’ve learned their ways of handling problems, their characteristics, their strengths and their weaknesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment